What the MMA Offers
- General meetings held twice a year in April and October in various regions of the state
- Educational workshops for both midwives and apprentices
- Peer review for midwives to facilitate mutual support and accountability
- Standards and Guidelines for the practice of midwifery
- Compiling of statistics on homebirth
- Speakers Bureau and Media Presentations
- A quarterly newsletter
Supporting Your MMA Supports All Midwifery
The MMA is a purely volunteer non-profit organization. Our membership strives to support the entire birth community, including midwifery in all its forms throughout Michigan and beyond. Our diverse membership strengthens our collective voice with its shared message.
Your Membership Dues Help the MMA to:
- Have a continuing presence at various state-wide and local conferences
- Organize and produce on-going Educational workshops & MMA Conferences
- Find the MMA at our recently updated Web site: www.michiganmidwives.org
Benefits to MMA Membership
- Receive our quarterly newsletter, Expectations, featuring:
- Letter from the President
- MANA Region 4 Report
- Informative pregnancy & birth research findings & updates
- Conference Summaries
- Inspiring Birth Stories and Musings from our Membership
- Discounts on MMA’s bi-annual conferences and workshops
- Listing in our Online Directory of Midwives
- Valuable reduced Rates on Advertising in both the Newsletter & the Directory
- Endless Opportunities for Networking & Support.
- FIRST Time Members join and get their first conference (Saturday portion) at half price!!
Sign Up and Support Midwifery In Michigan
To become a member of MMA for one year, download and complete our printable Membership Form from the link below, along with a check made out to “MMA” in the amount of $40 for students/apprentices, or $65 ($120 for two years) for midwives/professionals , to:
MMA, 4220 Loop Road, Hesperia, MI 49421.
You will then receive a “New Member Packet” and the most current newsletter. For questions concerning membership, please contact email@example.com.
Or, fill out the following information to submit your Membership Form using PayPal to complete your secure online payment:
[ online form will be finalized shortly. meanwhile use the printed PDF form above, please. ]